Monday, July 11, 2011

Tropical summer look!

So, right about now I am wishing my husband and I were on an airplane to some tropical destination! We both need a vacation BAD! I think the last time we went on vacation alone was when I was pregnant with my first son (we have 2 boys)....and it was very uncomfortable for me because I was like 32 weeks preggo! hahaha 

Sooooooo this post is all about me wishing for tropicalness and I am going to have it shine through in my eyeshadow! 

I just love wearing bright fun beautiful colors. Some colors that come to mind are the colors you see in a sunset....tangerines, oranges, pinks, yellows...mmm dreamy sunset colors that you see while snugging on the beach... =) sigh..


Anyways....here are the eyeshadow colors that I used...get ready for a fun tutorial.....
I used this yaby palette- something bright

All of the colors with a black heart is what I used! Yellow, light green, orange, reddish pink, dark purple and light pinkish purple.

 Here's some of the colors more up close...if that helps!

I also used these blues...from Urban Decay. The round one is Minx and the square ones (are the same) they are called shattered.



TUTORIAL!


Prime your eyelids with an eyeshadow primer.

I started with the light lime green color and just add to the inner corner of the top and bottom of your eye.


Then, I took the yellow color and blended it with the green and went up alittle more onto the lid.


Next, I took a bright orange color and blended that with the yellow right in the middle of my lid. (I used the same brush)



Then, I added the reddish pink color into the outer corner of my eyelid and moved up into the crease a little bit.


 Next, I took the pinkish purple color and started at the outer part of the crease and swept it all the way across the crease, using a windshield wiper motion.




Then I took a darker purple and simply swept a line right in the crease and blended that in with the lighter pink purple color.





Now for the highlight above that pink color and right under the brow. I used a shimmery white color and swept it right on the brow bone and blended alittle bit down into the pinkish purple color.


Then for under the eye I used the lime green I had used earlier and lined just right underneath the eye about half way.


Then I added the blue the rest of the bottom half under my eye.



Next is eyeliner! I used a black loose powder and made the angled brush wet to make the winged liner look. OR you can use liquid liner or gel liner to get the same kind of look! I also used a pencil black liner for the water lines on top and bottom.

Do your eyebrows
and then lastly, curl eyelashes and apply mascara and you are set!!


and that's the end of this tropicalness!!!
Have a wonderful night...I will be dreaming of laying on a beach out in the tropical sun!!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...