Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bridal Makeup

Its that time of year! Alot of people are and have been getting married now that the weather is getting better. (Although, my hubby and I are weird and we got married in January!) Soooo I thought I would show you guys my take on a beautiful bridal makeup look!!! When I got married (back in 2008) since I knew how to do my own makeup I just did it myself, however, I was so nervous and anxious that the whole time I was doing it my hands were shaking. I thought, this would of been so much better had I hired a makeup artist to do it. At the time I knew I had a love for makeup but hadn't yet decided to become a makeup artist. Oh well though! Everything worked out!

Here's some pictures of the hubs and I freezing in the snow! hahaha 





Aww, that was the best day EVER! Even if it was 20 degree's outside... we were so in love, I don't even remember being cold! lol

Sooo if you are planning on getting married anytime soon my advice would be if you feel very confidant about doing your own makeup, do it! If not, hiring a makeup artist is a good way to go too!! Either way do what's best for you and your special day! I'm going to show you my take on one bridal look, you can use either one for which ever time of day! It's really up to you and what you like! =) If you are getting married in the morning you can do more of natural look and for an evening wedding you can make the look alittle more smoky.

Makeup I will use:

Eyes
Brule by MAC (matte color that matches skin color)






Thank you by Bare Escentuals (peachy color)




Precious by Bare Escentual (shimmery pinkish light brown)



Taupe color from the Yaby Palette


Enchanting Diamond by Bare Escentuals (Matte Reddish Brown)


Rock Crystal by Bare Escentuals (skin color with shimmer)


Crystal Avalanche by MAC (white shimmer)


Black Pencil Liner 
Black Mascara

Cheeks- Terracotta by La Femme (shimmery coral pink)


Lips- Nudish Pink Lip Liner (I used one from Wet n' Wild)
and for the lipstick I used the Graftobian Fashion palette...the first two colors
  and this Dreamy by Rimmel maybe? It doesn't say on the lipstick and I can't remember what brand! It was a nude shimmery color.





Now for the TUTORIAL

First, I primed my eyelids with the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Use fluffy eyeshadow brush to wash the whole lid with Brule by MAC all over the lid up to the brow bone.


Then take the Peachy color and use a medium eyeshadow brush to sweep this color onto your lid up into the crease.




Next take Precious (shimmery pinkish brown) and press onto the lid closest to the lash line about half way up, not all the way to the crease.


Then I used a taupe color from my yaby palette (but any taupe, greyish brown color will work). I started in the outer corner with a pencil brush and worked my way into the crease




Next, take the matte reddish brown with a smaller pencil brush and create alittle bit of a triangle in the outer corner of your eyelid. Do a windshield wiper motion in that corner and bring it up a little bit into the crease.




Then I used a shimmery skin color in the crease to blend the darker color a little bit. I just used a windshield wiper motion in the crease.


and then I highlighted under the brow and in the inner corner of the eye with a white shimmery color.



Then, line the bottom and top waterlines from inner corner to the outcorner with your pencil liner.


If your happy with just that you can stop right there with the liner. If you want a little bit something more you can add the Gel Liner or Liquid Liner to the top. 

Next, curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler and apply the mascara.

and then I used a small angled brush and used a matte brown eyeshadow that matches my hair color to do my brows


For the cheeks you can look at my earlier post on how to put on your blush here
I used a light shimmery coral pink.



Lastly, I lined my lips and then lipstick. Its important to line the lips all over, this helps the color stay longer. I wouldn't suggest to add gloss because most soon to be hubbies don't like getting gloss all over their lips!

and Tada! Here's the whole look put together!



and thats it for our Bridal look!!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...